[Novalug] OT: Geotagging and Privacy / Personal Safety

Roger W. Broseus rogerb@bronord.com
Tue Jan 25 18:56:13 EST 2011

The U.S. Military has published an enlightening info bulletin about geotagging
as it relates to personal safety, applicable both to civilians and service men
and women. They give some warning that I would never have thought of - good
military intelligence!

I searched high and low for a link and finally found one here:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/44867569/Geotagging-Safety
I've also posted a copy of a PDF of the document here
<http://www.bronord.com/info/SMRWeek4-GeotaggingSafety.pdf> (PDF, 1.1 MG) on
my web site. This document appears to be in the public domain so I'm not
concerned about sharing it.

Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB@bronord.com
     Web Site: www.bronord.com