[Novalug] Solved Re: Video Editing/Movie Help!!

Mark A. Metz mametz@aol.com
Wed Jan 19 15:10:56 EST 2011

Success.  Found instructions on line and installed x264, ffmpeg, and
qt-faststart from source.  The only hitch was the git.videolan.org site
was down so I had to go to videolan.org an manually download the latest
tarball.  Everything else seemed to work despite many "warnings"
scrolling down the terminal.

Encoded my original video following Jason's suggestions.  The file is
90% smaller and plays out of the box on Win 7 and Mac.  XP users must
install Quicktime or RealPlayer.

Thanks Jason.  You're my media hero.  Hey, can you make me a Blender
superstar in just a few lines of code, too. ; )

Now I need to reinstall Kdenlive.

Later