[Novalug] Fwd: DNS Servers

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Sun Jan 2 23:43:30 EST 2011

On Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 09:49:13AM -0500, greg pryzby wrote:
> Verizon FiOS (in Reston/Herndon) uses
>    71.252.0.12
>    71.242.0.12

The second one is a little further, in Philly.

> My routers uses those and i use my router (192....)

I do the basically the same.  When I had some minor problems with
Verizon's servers I did some comparitive timings of Verizon's servers
directly, indirect through the router, and several public nameservers.
and found none had an advantage over the router.  Because of the minor
problems I was experiencing I add to nsswitch.conf, one or two public
nameservers after the router.

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  novalugml@jgcomp.com