[Novalug] Fwd: DNS Servers

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Sun Jan 2 09:49:13 EST 2011

Verizon FiOS (in Reston/Herndon) uses
   71.252.0.12
   71.242.0.12
My routers uses those and i use my router (192....)

You can use any DNS server, but you may want to use something physical
close to you. With all the caching (Akamai and others) out there, when
you want to stream or download, it is going to try and figure out what
is closest to you. There are some issues (recently read on the blogs)
about people who use the public DNS (4.4.4.4, 8.8.8.8 for example) are
having horrid experience.

My machines go to my router, my router gets it from DHCP from ISP