[Novalug] Command line question

cmhowe@patriot.net cmhowe@patriot.net
Sat Jan 1 00:29:04 EST 2011

> List,
>
> I started a file (not an official file; a narrative that I will update
> frequently). I created it with
>
>   $gedit /home/chasmhowe/environment/myfile
>
> After a few minutes, I decided that I preferred to use oowriter. I had a
> senior moment and forgot that I could do it by executing
>
>   $oowriter /home/chasmhowe/environment/myfile.odt
>
> so I decided to start from the beginning. I wasted only a minute or two,
> so no regrets. But I relate this to remind users that they may be able to
> salvage their work if they want to do a similar conversion.
>
> On to my question.
>
> I do
>
>   $rm /home/chasmhowe/environment/myfile
>
> and it comes back
>
>   >

> All I can do is cntrl-c. Same if I do
>
>   $gedit /home/chasmhowe/environment/myfile
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Charlie

Whoops! (twice) First whoops: I should have said

  $oowriter /home/chasmhowe/environment/myfile

instead of

  $gedit /home/chasmhowe/environment/myfile

The next whoops is that it did the same thing. When I did

  $oowriter /home/chasmhowe/environment/myfile

it still came back

I think it through and believe that what worked before doen't work for me
now. What am I doing wrong?

Charlie