[Novalug] 2011 Meeting Ideas for NOVALUG

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Tue Feb 15 08:17:10 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 5:22 AM, Rich Goodwin <Rich.Goodwin@cox.net> wrote:

> How about
>    * Linux basics (so we can try to get more newbies involved)
>                 Various package managers, distro common points and
> differences, kernel compile/tuning

We could do this in meeting and/or on the list.

>    * System performance and tuning

That isn't a newbie topic. As a matter of fact, not easy! But I would be
interested.

>    * State of the DVR on Linux (MythTV, Freevo, LinuxMCE, XMBC, ...)

Sounds good.

The issue I see is getting newbies to the meeting. We had a some new faces
this month (4 at least). If there is a way to get the word out about the
group, I am all ears.

A mentor program is interesting, but getting new people is the hard part.

I am always looking for help ;)

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

WEB:  http://www.RestonArtisTree.com/
TWTR: gpryzby