[Novalug] Fwd: Ubuntu anyone?

jerry w jerrywone@gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 09:17:13 EST 2011

awaiting mod approval on the other addy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gerald.K.Williams@verizon.net <gkwms@gwyn.tux.org>
Date: Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 9:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Novalug] Ubuntu anyone?
To: Jeremy Bicha <jbicha@ubuntu.com>, thormchristensen@mail.com
Cc: novalug@calypso.tux.org

And they sometimes meet at Taste Of India near the Zoo
Metro Stop on Saturdays, email their list to see if
anyone is showing up this day.

The other commands lspci and lsusb
and for buying a compatible wireless device
are all good too.

But if it's really an HP, you might find
some HP Linux specific information,
as HP does some Linux Version of Laptops
and on up to supercomputers (well sort of, not exactly
a Gray, but ..) with Linux so you might find
more model specific info out there,
but they can also be like Dell (as in I got a Dell,
I'm screwd (no sales rep hate mail please)
and they don't always know what specific
components are in their models,
not that Apple or Itsy Bitsy Machine
does either...

Showing up at TOI with email confirmation that
an Ubuntu LoCo Person is coming is my first
best bed.  But NoVALUG email support is good
too ;-/

Not sure about G+ webcasting, but
+ isn't my fav since problems with
one named account...

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 04:14:51PM -0500, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> On 16 December 2011 11:38, Thor Christensen <thormchristensen@mail.com> wrote:
> > I am a Linux newbie and have some Ubuntu questions.  Anyone on this list
> > use that distro?
>
> There's also an Ubuntu-specific group if you like:
>
> Jeremy

Jerry W