[Novalug] computer, impacted -- cranio-anally

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Thu Dec 15 17:06:51 EST 2011

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011, John Franklin wrote:

> Wait a minute.  That's not 50GB in user, that's only 5GB.
> 4,935,600KB.  The whole of the original du call only found 6GB.
> So, where's the other 44GB?
>
> Install and run chkrootkit -- I wonder if something is hiding
> there.

 	Uh-oh.

Total download size: 318 k
Installed size: 889 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
Processing delta metadata
Package(s) data still to download: 318 k

Error Downloading Packages:
   chkrootkit-0.49-2.fc14.x86_64: Insufficient space in download
directory /var/cache/yum/x86_64/14/updates/packages
     * free   0
     * needed 318 k

[root@HBsk3 ~]#

 	So do I just tell it "rm /var/log/messages" and try
again?

--
Beartooth Implacable, Curmudgeon On Line
Know your enemies. They are your leaders.