[Novalug] RedHat ELS and GPL

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Mon Dec 5 17:22:02 EST 2011

  Well, Yes and No. After all...that's where we were 5 years ago. And if
all you want to do is basic LAMP stuff, or even run your desktop on it
(heck, RH9 is still decent for that), it will do nicely.

As for Patches, there are several schools of thought. At one end, there
is the "automatically patch everything ASAP" approach. At the other end
is the "never patch...keep what came on the media", which is intended to
give you Stability. A middle ground is "try to figure out what should be
patched and why".

I prefer them in the order listed.

JIM