[Novalug] Speaking of house cleaning....

Michael Henry lug-user@drmikehenry.com
Wed Aug 31 06:35:23 EDT 2011

On 08/26/2011 03:29 PM, Roy Wilson wrote:

> I need to sniff the phone line, and can't interrupt the data
> stream. The only way I can see to do it is to sniff the phone
> line itself.

You said you can't interrupt the data stream.  Does this mean
you can't interrupt it while it's going but you can start and
stop it at will?  If so, perhaps you could put a PC with two
modems as man-in-the-middle, and have the middle PC pass the
data from one each side to the other, logging whatever
information interests you.  You'd have to be able to restart the
connection, and to control the outbound phone number, but if you
have that amount of control a man-in-the-middle scenario might
work for you.

Michael Henry