[Novalug] OT: Electrical Wiring Q

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Mon Aug 29 19:01:57 EDT 2011

When you setup more than 2 on/off switches, the middle switch is a
four way. The 4way has 1 wire BYPASSING the on/off switch. Their are 4
terminals that are the color on the same side.

http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/diy/electrics/light_fitting/three_way_switching.jpg

Because of placement on the new light, tapping into the middle
(4switch) is the only option