[Novalug] OT: Electrical Wiring Q

Nino R. Pereira ninorpereira@gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 17:25:43 EDT 2011

Now, you don't say explicitly but we assumed that the original light has
a white and
a black wire that connects at the switch straight through to the house
wiring.
The third wire is then green, and ground. So, what's the 4-th wire for?

Normally, white is power, black is neutral, green is ground. What's the
4-th?

Also, check that the total power from the two light passing through the
switch
is below its rating. Both lights are fluorescent bulbs, right? or at
most 100W
incandescents, and not 500 W halogens? And it's not a dimmer switch? those
may not be able to handle the increased current.

HTH,

Nino