[Novalug] more on sleep apnea devices

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Sat Aug 27 17:31:14 EDT 2011

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, Beartooth wrote:

>> And no, a pulse oximeter doesn't necessarily need an OS.  You could
>> implement it as a simple data logger recording to flash or
>> transmitting the data wirelessly or just do some math on the measured
>> data and displaying the results on a LCD.
>
> 	I can believe that; but how about the CPAP and APAP
> machines I linked to??

http://www.cpaptalk.com/wiki/index.php/Category:CPAP_Machines
says, inter alia :

It helps enormously to have software so you can responsibly
self-manage your therapy, with your doctor’s support, and monitor
mask leaks and machine performance and track results. Using a PAP
machine without software is like driving a car without a
windshield and without an instrument panel.

What do they know of country, who only country know?