[Novalug] OT? : sleep apnea devices

Fredrik Nyman fredrik.nyman@gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 16:15:23 EDT 2011

Pulse oximetry (SpO2) is an extremely common medical application for
microcontrollers, so you should be able to find reference designs from
most any of the big MCU vendors.  TI definitely has it.

And no, a pulse oximeter doesn't necessarily need an OS.  You could
implement it as a simple data logger recording to flash or
transmitting the data wirelessly or just do some math on the measured
data and displaying the results on a LCD.