[Novalug] OT? : sleep apnea devices

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Sat Aug 27 15:44:30 EDT 2011

 	This sounds like it ought to be OT, but I think not.

 	There a whole range of devices, differing in various
ways, one of which is that some are "data capable"; and a page
about that at
http://www.cpaptalk.com/wiki/index.php/Category:CPAP_Machines
mentions software.

 	If it has or can report to software, there has to be an
OS in the mix somewhere, right? (What got me into this was an
"oximeter" gadget on one index finger all night that recorded
blood oxygen levels; next day it was picked up and connected to a
computer somewhere. Next came one connected to a computer, along
with a couple dozen electrodes. (I balked at a videotape.))

 	I want to say, with old CC Filson, "Might as well have
the best" -- and whatever that is for my case, it obviously has
to run linux, or at least be linux-compatible.

 	Anybody know anything? The web pages I'm finding don't
get to the level of computational orthodoxy vs. anathema ....

What do they know of country, who only country know?