[Novalug] OT - Re: house cleaning - windows stuff (Jon LaBadie)

Roger W. Broseus rogerb@bronord.com
Wed Aug 24 19:02:58 EDT 2011

I keep at least one disk of "obsolete" Win install disks around. Why?

Example: Now this is a bit tortuous. Student version of Win-7 / upgrade. Clean
system. Had skipped Vista. Since it's an upgrade version of Win-7 I had, it
would not install. (Side note: one can not upgrade to Win-7 from XP. But (as I
recall), I installed XP (upgrade) which called for proof of ownership of a
previous version of Win. My old Win-98 did that. THEN, I could leap-frog over
Vista to Win-7. I've made similar leaps with previous upgrade installs of
earlier versions of Win.

My guess is that an old MS Office disk could also save $$ during an install of
a later version of Orfice. Of course *I* personally use Open Office.

--
Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB@bronord.com