[Novalug] frozen FF and virt terms

Walt Smith waltechmail@yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 10:55:50 EDT 2011

On my 2.8Ghz box, 1 gig ram,
about 5 years old, response will also be ALMOST frozen.
It's noticed by you when you move the mouse, say first thing
in the morning when you go to use the box.

It's takes about 5 minutes, sometimes  a little more
before the mouse becomes a little responsive.  You'll
notice the HD lite is on continuously as  the swap is
fully 100% used.

 Whatever you do, don't try to change any window app or change
active apps.  Makes things worse.  Click nothing.

When the mouse becomes responsive, close FF.
You'll probably get the desktop issued message that
"Firefox is not responding: force quit or wait ?"

Strongly suggest you click nothing else except "force quit".

My virt terms work pretty well --- AFTER the box does another
5 minutes of swapping or so to be able to get into the virt terms.
I recommend the method above.