[Novalug] running out of memory

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Tue Aug 23 15:29:28 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 12:28:54PM -0400, Bonnie Dalzell wrote:

> I am finding that if I go away from my computer for a while leaving
> firefox running - often when I come back the machine frozen up and I
> have to do a hard reboot. so i am closing down FF whenever I am not
> using it.
>
> Also making sure I do not go away from computer leaving any unsaved
> files.

Are you unable to access the several text-based logins
typically available through <Ctrl><Alt><F#> where # is 2-6?
If you can, you could login (possibly as root) and "pkill firefox".
Returning to the gui environment might show it responsive.

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  novalugml@jgcomp.com
 JG Computing