[Novalug] Spare Dell laptop CD drive

Jay Hart jhart@kevla.org
Sun Aug 14 17:57:21 EDT 2011

Another friend gave me a laptop to repair.  It had a bad HDD so I replaced it.
 Now it seems like the CDROM drive motor is failing, it spins up and down, you
can hear it.

The Laptop is a Dell PPO4L, and the CDROM ROM drive is a Samsung Model SN-124.
 Anyone have something that I could borrow to finish loading this PC up?  I'll
pickup or pay shipping both ways.  When you are installing the CD Drive the
connector is in the back on the left side.

Anyone heard of these units having a bad internal power controller that could
cause this, the HDD was doing the exact same thing.

Thanks,

Jay