[Novalug] question on tcpreplay

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Sun Aug 14 17:48:20 EDT 2011

  As far as the "other network" problem, I would place secondary
addresses on the machines you are trying to connect to so they look like
they are on the same network.

One problem you are going to have with any replay is that the other side
is likely to do things differently. This is obvious for the other side's
initial sequence number, but it's also possible that acks and window
sizes as well as timeouts may happen differently.

TCP is a bit more complicated than say, replaying an SMTP or even a Web
transaction back.

Hopefully, tcpreplay has some AI built into it to adapt, but I wonder.

JIM