[Novalug] Why am I out of memory?

Ed James edward.james@gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 15:20:11 EDT 2011

How odd.  I've run Linux/X Window systems for years on old machines with
far less RAM successfully.  I even program with C++ and Xlib because
I *don't* have memory problems.  Just checked - using 40% of my 1 GB
RAM now, with quite a few open windows, including some flash stuff
Any idea why some old, cwappy machines work fine, while new, expensive
ones dont, even though they both run LINUX/X?  Some of my 'bot programs
run 24x7x365 (until the power goes out), and I don't notice long-term problems
like memory leaks either.

Ed James