[Novalug] LVM or Directory with LVM for KVM?

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater@linux-etc.com
Wed Aug 3 14:59:43 EDT 2011

Brandon:

We (Linux ETC) have not tried the LVM snapshot method, but we do have the same idea and logic in mind to parallel VMware's functionality.  I would suggest testing it out some with an "expendable" and simple virtual machine ("stopped" as well as "live") to see what happens.  I suspect the "live" one might have an issue versus the "stopped" being a clean snapshot for reference.

HTH.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA
voice:  +1.303.604.2550
web:    http://www.linux-etc.com

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.  Be friendly to the environment by saving paper.