[Novalug] Tip: AutoKey - A Handy Application

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Tue Aug 2 02:31:54 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 07:31:05PM -0400, Jay Hart wrote:
> Roger,
>
> Please give an example of you using this app?
>
> Jay

In a long ago life I had a need to enter lists of citations where
many of the authors were on multiple citations.  So I made a file
of vi abbreviations something like this:

  ab rwb R.W. Broseus
  ab jh  J. Hart
  ab jhl J.H. LaBadie
  ab jcs Journal of Computer Science

When I would edit or creat a list I would source the file in vi
(:so <abbreviation_file>) and could then type something like:

  jh, rwb, and jhl; jcs, June 1987....

As I was typing, at each of the punctuation or whitespace after
an abbreviation, the text was expanded to the full names.  No
spelling errors, consistant format, etc.

I also have a few words I regularly mispell.  So in my .exrc file
I have things like "ab mispell misspell".  :)

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  novalugml@jgcomp.com
 JG Computing