[Novalug] Puzzled

Dan Arico dan_arico@aricosystems.com
Tue Apr 26 23:00:27 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:04:38 PM Igor Birman wrote:
> Does the drive show up on the Main Menu (section 2.3 of the manual)?

No.

> http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock754/K8V-MX/E2335_K8V-MX_h.pdf
>

> If so, then it should show up in the the Boot Device Priority 2.6.1
> section:
>

> 1st ~ xxth Boot Device [1st FLOPPY DRIVE]
> These items specify the boot device priority sequence from the available
> devices.  The number of device items that appear on the screen depends on
> the number of devices installed in the system. Configuration options:
> [xxxxx Drive] [Disabled
>
> Assuming it is an IDE drive - if it's Sata then you have to tell it to boot
> from sata..
>
> So be sure the DVD drive is detected in BIOS before you go to the Boot
> menu.
>
> Igor

There's an initial screen that comes up just after the splash screen with the
Asus logo. It shows the DVD drive and nothing else. It's only up for a few
seconds. Then I get a screen that tells me to hit <del> to go into setup.

If I do, only the hard disks show up.

It's an IDE drive, BTW.

Dan

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.