[Novalug] Calibrating temperature settings

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Sat Apr 9 15:58:13 EDT 2011

There are several apps to display the various temperature
sensors eg. cpu, gpu, mb, disk, etc.

Typically these apps let you tune the display with an
by specifying an offset and slope.  By adjusting these
I can make it look like the sensor is about to melt or
is sitting in a puddle or liquid nitrogen.

Is there a way to determine the proper settings for
the offset and slope?

An approach I've taken is to match the temps to those
reported in the bios at boot.  I leave the box idle
for a while.  I then note the temps and reboot.
During reboot I check the readings in the bios and
upon logging in, adjust the offsets to match the
sensors to the bios readings.

Right now my cpu reading says 42C and my gpu 62C.
But what are the correct values I have no idea.

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  novalugml@jgcomp.com
 JG Computing