[Novalug] printer advise

Sean McGowan wondershot@verizon.net
Fri Apr 1 08:07:34 EDT 2011

Gentlemen,

My current printer, an Epson Photo R200, which I acquired with my very
lovely wife (dowry?), was pulled out of storage and put in to service
about a year ago.  Apparently, this printer was delivered with the
ability to refuse print jobs when any of the color cartridges are empty
(e.g. I am out of light cyan and am not able to print in b&w.)  It also
burns ink every time it is turned on to warm up the heads.  With ink
costing what it does, relative to the value of this old printer, I am
considering an upgrade.  Can anyone reccommend a printer that just works
with cups drivers?  I am not against an all-in-one, in fact I would like
a scanner, but I do not want to buy something that does not have 100%
functionality with whatever flavor I am running at the time.  Also, I
would like it to be network ready, so I can stop hosting it on one of my
machines at all times.  Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks

--
Sean McGowan

// Chuck Norris counted to infinity... Twice!