[Novalug] Fwd: Learn to Solder - Mintyboost Kit (Oct 9th)

Eric Miller internetjanitor@gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 17:53:27 EDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brian Harrington <bharrington@alticon.net>
Date: Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 2:23 PM
Subject: Learn to Solder - Mintyboost Kit (Oct 9th)

October 9th HacDC will be doing another hands on kit build open to the
public.  We will be holding a kit build in the classroom area building
the Mintyboost from Adafruit.  This is also a great opportunity for
folks who are coming in for their one-on-one time on the lathe with Tom
to see other things going on as well.

Sign up here:  http://hacdc.eventbrite.com

The Mintyboost, created by Limor Fried of Adafruit in Brooklyn, is a
rechargeable booster pack for USB powered devices.  Now, rather than
running out of juice on the airplane or bus, you can bring your own
power.  This is for version 3 of the device which works on all kinds of
gadgets including GPS units, iPhones, iPods, & Android phones.

No experience with soldering is expected for the class.  Come on out and
we'll get you rolling in no time.  We've got plenty of space and there
will be a few teachers on hand to ensure that you get some one on one
time to perfect your technique.

http://www.ladyada.net/make/mintyboost/compat3.html

The group order will be closing a week before the class.  If you don't
make it in time, or just can't make it out, here's where you can buy
your own:

http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=14

Enjoy and we hope to see you on the 9th!

Best of all...  BATTERIES ARE INCLUDED!