[Novalug] [Ma-linux] Free Online Computer Books URL with Job Information

Michael Henry lug-user@drmikehenry.com
Wed Sep 8 06:38:47 EDT 2010

 On 09/07/2010 09:00 PM, James Ewing Cottrell 3rd wrote:
>   On 9/7/2010 12:42 PM, Dave Aronson wrote:
>> Yeah, it looked to me like someone had been hacking too much Ruby.  ;-)
>>
>> -Dave

> ISTR that some other language uses the colon construct as well, but I am
> too lazy to look it up.
>
> JIM

The usage that comes to my mind first (and for which mention I
hope to be forgiven on this forum :-)) is for labels in DOS
batch files, such as in testfile.bat below:

    @echo off
    if "%1" == "" goto ShowHelp

    echo Doing stuff with %1
    goto Done