[Novalug] November Meeting (Possible) Topics

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric@zhevny.com
Thu Oct 21 10:03:01 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 05:16:02PM -0400, Peter Larsen wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 07:28 -0400, greg pryzby wrote:
> > Our Drupal topic is being pushed back (RFP due).
> > Igor, Jason and Peter posted ideas. Let's hear what people are interested in.
> > Android development
> ... would definitely have my vote - however I would have to listen to
> someone talk about it :)
>
> It's interesting (to me) to see that there's very little interest in
> actual software development topics vs. all the system administration and
> conceptual topics.
>
> I would still offer to do basic talks on how to integrate relation
> databases into code, MVC and other fundamental software development
> processes or general Web Development.

I would very much like such a presentation to occur.

I've been learning django, rails and drupal in parallel this year. I
could stand up and give an overview of their various approaches to
MVC-ishness, object<->relational mapping, etc, in order to compare and
contrast concrete examples of the general development topics Peter
proposes to present. I wouldn't be ready for Novemember, but could do it
in December or later.

-edrz