[Novalug] November Meeting (Possible) Topics

Jason Kohles jkohles@palantir.com
Wed Oct 20 08:22:32 EDT 2010

On Oct 19, 2010, at 5:52 PM, The Doctor wrote:

> On 10/18/2010 05:27 PM, Peter Larsen wrote:
>
>> An interesting topic *grin*. But be advised that the topic here would
>> cover how to integrate/manage a central repository of users and enable a
>> host to "view" that for authentication purposes. So this is a matter of
>> validating system login information; not web applications.
>
> In that case I am definitely interested.  I know just enough about LDAP
> to know I'm dangerous and would like to learn more about it.
>
>> I think this is a completely separate topic. If I remember right we had
>> an OpenID talk some years ago? Definitely an interesting topic for web
>> application development and web-authorization features.
>
> What about authenticating Linux machines against AD?

I just recently did a whole lot of work on that subject...  We looked at Likewise,
Samba and a couple of other solutions, and in the end settled on straight
LDAP/Kerberos.  I could probably talk quite a bit about that topic...  :)

Jason Kohles, RHCA
Palantir Technologies | Forward Deployed Engineer
jkohles@palantir.com | 703.957.5784