[Novalug] RHCE Material

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Fri Oct 8 11:34:01 EDT 2010

I am a RH employee.

What I post is MY OPINION and not Red Hat's.

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Greg F <gregfaust@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for RHCE training material?  Should I wait
> for RHEL 6 or should I start now?  I'm a fully time systems administrator
> and I've been using Ubuntu, OpenSolaris, Windows, etc. for almost 10 years
> but I'm thinking about studying up and taking the RHCE because it seems to
> be well respected within the industry.  Any advice is appreciated.

If you feel comfortable w/ Linux, great there is a review class that
is specifically geared to review material that reflects what you will
be tested on.

If you think you are a Windows, Solaris or Unix person, there are
short classes that more or less map skills from other OS to RHEL.

There is an on-line assessment. Take it. It will help you figure out
what class to take. I think it is very accurate.

The test is hands on. You are given tasks to complete.

If you are RHEL 5 certified, when RHEL 7 comes out, your certification
is no longer current.

Hopefully that helps.

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

WEB:  http://www.RestonArtisTree.com/
TWTR: gpryzby