[Novalug] IPv6 experiments

Derek LaHousse dlahouss@mtu.edu
Fri Oct 1 18:00:38 EDT 2010

Hi John,

I'm not a huge expert or anything, but I can offer a couple suggestions.  First, you must have an incoming connection of some sort, as you say your ping and http requests get data back.  So at the very least, you can get return traffic.

This makes me wonder if you don't just have an issue with really awesome firewalls.  Particularly in the case of the 6to4, might you be behind a NAT?  Does your work machine DROP incoming packets that it doesn't recognize?

Derek
(I'm new here, hi all)