[Novalug] Traveling - use Alpine for mail - can't get send to work

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Thu Nov 11 21:48:52 EST 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 04:50:52PM -0500, bdalzell@qis.net wrote:
> I am traveling with my Ubuntu linux dell laptop.
>
> I am at a friends house and I am going online using the wireless
> network he has.
>
> If any one has an idea of why I cannot send mail with Alpine although
> I can receive it I would appreciate a hint. Using the QIS Webmail
> interface is worse than using windows
>
> This message is sent via qis webmail

I suspect your alpine is set to send email through your
ISP's outgoing mail handler.  If it is like Verizon's,
the outgoing mail handler will not accept transmissions
from outside its own network.  I.e. the handler will
start subscriber's mail on its way, but will not serve
as an intermediate relay for non-subscribers mail.

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  novalugml@jgcomp.com
 JG Computing