[Novalug] quadkonsole and terminator for multiple tty sessions in a single frame

Doug Toppin dougtoppin@gmail.com
Fri May 21 17:46:01 EDT 2010

On occasion, I need to have multiple xterms open and visible all at
the same time.  A friend told me about the quadkonsole and terminator
apps which did exactly what I needed within a single fframe.
I tried building quadkonsole from source and had a QT issue.  It seems
a little oldish anyway so then I tried terminator.
On my Kubuntu 10.04, terminator installed with 'sudo apt-get install terminator.

More at:
terminator - http://www.tenshu.net/  and
http://www.unixmen.com/news-today/827-terminator-shell-check-from-time-to-time
quadkonsole - http://nomis80.org/

I have a vague recollection that I used something like this in the
past but can't remember what it was.

Doug