[Novalug] DVD Drive Oddity

Dan Arico dan_arico@aricosystems.com
Tue May 18 22:50:47 EDT 2010

I've got something strange happening here. One of my DVD drives (a little more
than a month old) writes and verifies CDs and DVDs. (I'm using them for data
backup, not music or video.) The finished disk can be read in all of my other
computers, but not in the drive that wrote them. Disks written by my other
computers mount just fine in that drive and I can read them. Commercial CDs and
DVDs work as well.

When I put in a disk written by that drive, it spins, but it isn't mounted and
the drive stops.

I put one of those disks in and brought up K3b. It shows the files and says the
disk still has space available. Is my problem related to the disk's not being
closed out?

Dan

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.