[Novalug] trouble with a live cd image

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Wed May 12 11:54:43 EDT 2010

Jon LaBadie wrote:

> My car isn't running correctly.  Can you tell me what's wrong?

Clearly it's the nut behind the wheel.

> The most common problem people new to burning *.iso images
> have is using options to copy the .iso file to a the disc.
> If you look at the contents of the burned disc and see the
> .iso file there, this is the mistake you have made.

There is definitely that. I always use a GUI, either K3B or some Windows
program I got with the CD/DVD burners...either a stripped down NERO
clone or something similar.

Whatever you do, DO NOT drag an ISO file into the "add files here" area.
You will be creating your ISO as a file inside another ISO.

You can look up the options for cdrecord if you have to use a CLI.

JIM