[Novalug] Firefox Add-ons

Jim Sheafer jim@sheafer.org
Wed May 12 11:04:05 EDT 2010

This thread has helped me out, so here are mine (out of all of these,
Nostalgy is the one I can't live without) :

Thunderbird:
External Editor - just what you think
FoxClocks - multiple clocks on your status bar
keyconfig - remap keys
Nostalgy - use keyboard shortcuts for filing/viewing mail
TB Auto Correct - auto correct my poor typing

Firefox:
Download Status bar - see downloads on your status bar instead of a window
Echofon - twitter client
Firebug - find what's broken on a page
Email This! - emails a webpage
It's All Text! - pop an external editor for filling in text boxes - handy
for wikis and the like
Keyconfig - remap keys
Live HTTP headers - see HTTP flying by
Rapportive - replace gmail ads with a social search of any email address in
the message
Tab Mix Plus - used only for the "select tab" window
User Agent Switcher - for testing websites

--
-Jim
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off