[Novalug] Radius?

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Thu May 6 13:49:47 EDT 2010

On 05/06/2010 01:02 PM, James Ewing Cottrell 3rd wrote:
> Well, first off, you'll need to start by spelling UUNET right, All Caps
> the way it originally was, not that silly Trade Rag name.

Its been a LONG time since I thought of UUNET, so please forgive the
mistake in capitalization.

> [8] Just too get it working, try another auth method, such as a local
> password file. Then branch out to LDAP.

When that still wasn't working, I moved to try another machine entirely.
And what I discovered was that anything in my DMZ on a public IP, OR
something in my 1918 space that was passed through the pix with 'nonat'
was working. Anything I was NAT'ing on the PIX will not work. radtest,
check_radius, perl script check (found online) Nada. So I've decided it
has something to do with the NAT. I got it all working correctly in the
public IP space (where it should be working) and signed off on the
problem as solved.

Odd one, made me scratch my head alot and in the end I'm not entirely
satisified, but everyone else is happy so I can no move onto replacing
the PIX with pfSense which is much more exciting of a project.

Thanks everyone for the tidbits and advice.

Nick