[Novalug] Kernel configuration for optical drive.

Ed James edjames@greenbelt.com
Sun Mar 21 12:56:34 EDT 2010

Bonnie,

    And learn new stuff I do.  Gone back to my Physics roots to
bone up on everything from String Theory to Gravity.  Delve into
environmental issues being on a Greenbelt City committee.  Learn
legal, management, building, tech, ... issues by being on the
Board of Directors of a 1600-unit housing cooperative. Learned
crime-related issues be being on (and Co-Chair) of my local
neighborhood watch group.  I even learned to like the Colts
more than the Redskins.

As for upgrading the PC - when I build a TV-oriented PC, I'll
do it from scratch with current tech.  But for now, I tend to
rescue and repurpose old junk.  Interesting enough, I've not
found P-IVs being given away, but mostly P-IIIs.  But for now,
most of what I do revolves around programming with the X Window
system, and a P-III works just fine and dandy.

Ed James