[Novalug] Messed up file title problem

Ed James edjames@greenbelt.com
Sun Mar 21 09:29:02 EDT 2010

Dan,

    I worked at the IMF for 5 years, building dBase systems on
computers shared by many people on MS-DOS machines.  I got
really annoyed when files would vanish with nobody knowing
why or how.  So, I would create files with unprintable characters
in their names and the files would hang around.  Wildcarding was
the only way (let's not count re-formatting the HD) that I was
able to delete my own files.  Bottom line, unprintable characters
in a file name isn't a bug, it's a feature! :P

Ed James

..