[Novalug] Messed up file title problem

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
Sat Mar 20 22:51:49 EDT 2010

You have two (2) options.

One, traditional POSIX (UNIX/Linux), shell ...
"Escape" it -- i.e., backslash:
  $ rm Test\ 1.odt

Two, same as Windows, "quote" it:
  $ rm "Test 1.odt"

The latter has issues at times (even under Windows).

BTW, Using single quotes (') forces most things to be taken
literally, whereas substitution can happen with double quotes (").

But "escaping" always works (long story).

-- Bryan

P.S.  Kinda surprised quoting wasn't tried, since it's what
Windows requires as well.  ;)

--
Bryan J  Smith           Professional, Technical Annoyance
Linked Profile:         http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjsmith