[Novalug] Kernel configuration for optical drive.

Maxwell Spangler maxlists@maxwellspangler.com
Thu Mar 18 14:19:10 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 18:14 -0400, Alan Grimes wrote:

> What ever happened to the days when if you had an ISA card, you turned
> on an ISA driver, if you had a serial port, you loaded a serial driver,
> if you had a ATA/IDE hard drive, you loaded an ATA driver, if you had an
> ATAPI CD-ROM device, you loaded an ATAPI driver...

Referencing the days of ISA cards to attempt to describe the days when
things worked normally simply demonstrates that your skills are out of
date, your perspective is out of date and you have not made the
appropriate investment in learning new things to adapt to the
improvements made to Linux.

This is more of a personal problem than a Linux problem.

It is fascinating to note that in a global sociological point of view
many people who are reluctant to adopt, trust or even try new things as
the world matures actually become more conservative because of their
adversion to change.  So here, perhaps, we have an individual example of
how the world divides into people who are willing to move forward and
people who aren't (but actually end up going in the reverse direction.)

Interesting times.

--
Maxwell Spangler