[Novalug] Device naming.

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
Mon Mar 15 07:51:37 EDT 2010

------Original Message------
From: Alan Grimes
Sender: novalug-bounces@calypso.tux.org
To: novalug@calypso.tux.org
Subject: Re: [Novalug] Device naming.
Sent: Mar 15, 2010 00:57

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Truth.

> The problem is "experts" who put things in their /etc/fstab.  If you put things
> in your /etc/fstab, it _overrides_ all of the automation.  9 times out of 10,
> I discover that is the problem with someone's system.

Automation is spooky because I don't know where it comes from, how it
works, what it is doing, or how to control it. That's why I still
idolize DOS.

You want something done.
You tell DOS to do it.
DOS does it.

Whatever the consequences, they're your own damn fault and you know what
you did to cause them.

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.