[Novalug] hardware plateaux??

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Sat Mar 13 10:01:00 EST 2010

 	Back in the day, I was told, the effect of Moore's Law
was not that PCs got cheaper, but that what you got for a given
price doubled. And there were fairly stable plateaux, almost like
a staircase : one in particular ran close to $2000.

 	At or above that you got a substantially better machine.

 	But that was long ago and far away. Is there any such
thing going on still? Or are prices and values, as I suspect, now
all over the park??

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.