[Novalug] Conference in May in NJ

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Fri Mar 12 21:58:19 EST 2010

An administrators group (LOPSA-NJ) that I attended while
living in Princeton is hosting an IT Conference this May.
They did a good job hosting the national organizations
annual conference a few years back, so I expect this one
to be well run also.

The location is in New Brunswick, NJ, across the street
from an Amtrak/NJ Transit station and two miles from a
NJ Turnpike exit.  I.e. easy travel.

Here is their announcement:

  LOPSA-New Jersey Conference Announced: PICC, May 7-8, 2010

[Dear list owner: please spread the word to your user group. Thanks!]

LOPSA-NJ is excited to announce a conference for the IT and
system administration community in New Jersey and surrounding area!

Two days of speakers, panels, training, and "unconference".
For technical people, by technical people.

LOPSA-New Jersey Professional IT Community Conference (PICC)
Fri/Sat May 7-8, 2010, Hyatt Regency, in sunny New Brunswick, NJ.

http://www.picconf.org

The long version:
PICC10 is a gathering of professionals from the diverse IT (computer
and network administration) community in New Jersey to learn, share
ideas, and network. The conference includes invited speakers and
keynotes, training by top-notch experts that is relevant, useful,
and recession-friendly; plus an "unconference" track where attendees
propose and host their own topics during the event. We expect
attendance of 100 to 150 IT professionals from mid- to large-sized
companies and academia from New Jersey/New York/Pennsylvania. We
go by many titles but everyone is invited: system administrators,
network administrators, network engineers, Windows, Linux, Unix,
DBAs, and so on. YOU are invited!

Awesome! Keep me informed!
Twitters: http://www.twitter.com/picconf
Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fb-picc

Read the full "Call for Participation"

http://lopsanj.org/events/picc10/cfp

(Yes, we need you to propose conference topics)

Sponsors needed! Reach a motivated, highly-targeted demographic:

http://lopsanj.org/events/picc10/sponsors

LOPSA is vendor-independant and non-profit. This conference is too.

Sincerely,
Tom Limoncelli, PICC'10 User Group Outreach Chair
tal@lopsanj.org
William Bilancio PICC'10 Conference Chair
picc10chair@lopsanj.org

http://www.picconf.org

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jon@jgcomp.com