[Novalug] SSV '10 Call for Papers Now Available

Lionel Garth Jones lgj@usenix.org
Fri Mar 12 13:57:11 EST 2010

On behalf of the 5th International Workshop on Systems Software
Verification (SSV '10) program committee, we'd like to invite you to
contribute papers that focus on finding real, applicable solutions to
systems software verification problems. Paper registration and abstracts
are due Friday, May 28, 2010, 11:59 p.m. Samoan time (UTC-11).

Industrial-strength software analysis and verification has advanced in
recent years through the introduction of model checking, automated and
interactive theorem proving, and static analysis techniques, as well as
correctness by design, correctness by contract, and model-driven
development. However, many techniques are working under restrictive
assumptions that are invalidated by complex embedded systems software
such as operating system kernels, low-level device drivers, or
microcontroller code.

The aim of this workshop is to bring together researchers and developers
from both academia and industry who are facing real software and real
problems with the goal of finding real, applicable solutions. By "real"
we mean problems such as time-to-market or reliability that the industry
is facing. A real solution is one that is applicable to the problem in
industry and not one that only applies to an abstract, academic, toy
version of it. In this workshop we will discuss software analysis and
development techniques and tools; this forum will serve as a platform to
discuss open problems and future challenges in dealing with existing and
upcoming systems-level code.

Topics include but are not limited to:

* Model checking
* Automated and interactive theorem proving
* Static analysis
* Automated testing
* Model-driven development
* Embedded systems development
* Programming languages
* Verifying compilers
* Software certification
* Software tools
* Experience reports

Paper registration and abstracts are due Friday, May 28, 2010, 11:59
p.m. Samoan time (UTC-11).

For more details on the submission process, please see the complete
Call for Papers at:
http://www.usenix.org/ssv10/cfpa/

SSV '10 will be held immediately following the 9th USENIX Symposium on
Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI '10), which will take
place October 4-6, 2010.

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Ralf Huuck, NICTA and University of New South Wales, Australia
Gerwin Klein, NICTA and University of New South Wales, Australia
Bastian Schlich, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
SSV '10 Program Co-Chairs
ssv10chairs@usenix.org

P.S. We'd like to thank our sponsors NICTA and Microsoft Research for
their support.
Call for Papers
5th International Workshop on Systems Software Verification
October 6-7, 2010
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://www.usenix.org/ssv10/cfpa/
Paper registration and abstracts due: Friday, May 28, 2010, 11:59 p.m.
Samoan time (UTC-11)