[Novalug] emailimng pdf question

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Tue Mar 9 14:29:21 EST 2010

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, cmhowe@patriot.net wrote:

>> cmhowe@patriot.net wrote:
>
> I'm experiece a bit of panic. I need at least a printout in a few hours.
>
> No matter what I do I cant get the file transformed to anytyhing useful
> that I can reach. I have it as an odt file and as a pdf file but so far I
> cant get it either to ba a stndalone file that I cand make an attachment
> in SquirrelMail, nore can I write it to a floppy disk, which I could move
> to the compiler I call the Shuttle.
>
> Question: how do I mount a floppy disk and how do I read to it? And how do
> I format it? (Wish I had a small thumb drive.)

Do you have USB ports on your computers? If you do the thing to aquire is
a "usb flash drive" sometimes also called "usb thumb drive". You do not
need a big one. They are very useful for using "sneaker-net" to carry
files between computers. The smaller sizes are less than $10 now.

Here is an example -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134710

You should be able to pick one  up at any electronics store, Office Depot,
Radio Shack, etc.

Generally the OS of your computer will mount the the drive with no
problems and you can copy your files between it and the computer with your
file manager.

It is a good idea to always use the unmount option in file manager before
unplugging it.

If you cannot get out to buy one maybe some one close could pick one up
for you. If your need was not such a short time line need I would mail
one to you.

They are very very useful - more useful than a floppy disk in my opinion.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd PO Box 60, Hydes,MD,USA 21082-0060|EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net
Freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
HOME www.batw.net    ART bdalzellart.batw.net  BUSINESS www.boardingatwedge.com