[Novalug] emailimng pdf question

cmhowe@patriot.net cmhowe@patriot.net
Tue Mar 9 13:33:42 EST 2010

> cmhowe@patriot.net wrote:
>> List,
>
> Howdy Charlie,
>>
>> Using the computer I call Black, I have composed a document using
>> OOwriter, the transformed it to pdf form. Now I want to do things with
>> it
>> using Web Mail = SquirrelMail. (Remember: I still haven't fixed
>> Evolution.)
>>
>> (a) I want to email it so that I can print it on my OfficeJet printer on
>> my other computer, the one I call the Shuttle. (Remember also that I
>> still
>> can't get the HPLaserJeiP1006P to work.) And
>
> In SquirrelMail  (SQ), you should be able to locate and click on the "Add
> Attachment" or plain old
> "Attachment" button.   You should be presented with a "Browse" or "Search"
> or "Select" choice.  You
> may use the menus to locate your PDF document and attach it to the email
> message via the "Open"
> button once the PDF document is located/highlighted.   I do not have SQ in
> front of me at the moment
> so I do not recall the exact wording on the buttons.
>>
>> (2) I want to be able email it as an attachment to a small list of
>> people
>> who then can read it and print it out if they want.
>
> The same procedure would apply.   You would use SQ to compose an email
> message to the group and then
> use the SQ "Add Attachment" and follow the above-described procedure to
> locate the PDF file,
> highlight it and click "Open" or "Attach" to send it to your group.
>>
>> Charlie

Second post, after the one Megan wrote earlier.

I'm experiece a bit of panic. I need at least a printout in a few hours.

No matter what I do I cant get the file transformed to anytyhing useful
that I can reach. I have it as an odt file and as a pdf file but so far I
cant get it either to ba a stndalone file that I cand make an attachment
in SquirrelMail, nore can I write it to a floppy disk, which I could move
to the compiler I call the Shuttle.

Question: how do I mount a floppy disk and how do I read to it? And how do
I format it? (Wish I had a small thumb drive.)

Charlie