[Novalug] emailimng pdf question

Megan Larko larkoc@iges.org
Tue Mar 9 10:10:35 EST 2010

cmhowe@patriot.net wrote:
> List,

Howdy Charlie,

> Using the computer I call Black, I have composed a document using
> OOwriter, the transformed it to pdf form. Now I want to do things with it
> using Web Mail = SquirrelMail. (Remember: I still haven't fixed
> Evolution.)
>
> (a) I want to email it so that I can print it on my OfficeJet printer on
> my other computer, the one I call the Shuttle. (Remember also that I still
> can't get the HPLaserJeiP1006P to work.) And

In SquirrelMail  (SQ), you should be able to locate and click on the "Add Attachment" or plain old
"Attachment" button.   You should be presented with a "Browse" or "Search" or "Select" choice.  You
may use the menus to locate your PDF document and attach it to the email message via the "Open"
button once the PDF document is located/highlighted.   I do not have SQ in front of me at the moment
so I do not recall the exact wording on the buttons.

> (2) I want to be able email it as an attachment to a small list of people
> who then can read it and print it out if they want.

The same procedure would apply.   You would use SQ to compose an email message to the group and then
use the SQ "Add Attachment" and follow the above-described procedure to locate the PDF file,
highlight it and click "Open" or "Attach" to send it to your group.

> Charlie

megan