[Novalug] OT: Used Veg Oil

Robert Circle rcircle2001@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 05:33:08 EST 2010

Running you car on home made biodiesel is illegal because you are not paying road use tax . Older diesel cars can be converted to run veggie oil. Lately the fed has been cracking down on using off-road fuels/ biodiesel in street cars. The fines do run in the thousands of dollars.

________________________________
From: Kevin Cole <dc.loco@gmail.com>
To: John Franklin <franklin@elfie.org>
Cc: Novalug list <novalug@calypso.tux.org>
Sent: Sat, March 6, 2010 9:35:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Novalug] OT: Used Veg Oil

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 17:51, John Franklin <franklin@elfie.org> wrote:

Does anyone have a car converted to use old veg oil?  I've got about a gallon and a half of the stuff pulled from a home fryer I'd be willing to bring to the meeting next week.  Pickup in Sterling is also an option.

Spam filter fail: Your subject line made it through. ;-)

Check w/ HacDC or some other hackerspace. (See HacDC Blabber list.)
--
Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo
Washington, DC